Admiral Co-op Preschool is one of five cooperative preschools in West Seattle & White Center that are affiliated with South Seattle College (SSC). Each class is led by a Teacher and augmented with a Parent Educator, and a small group of parents each day. Parents (Grandparents or Caregiver) work in the classroom one day per week. The other day(s) your child comes by themselves.
The SSC Parent Education Program is an integral part of Co-op membership. SSC provides a Parent Educator for each class. That qualified person is there to assist the teacher in their lessons, and help parents sharpen their skills. Parents learn how to get the most out of the skills taught and coach children through social emotional interactions. Additionally, Parents/Caregivers can troubleshoot challenges they are having with their child at home with the Parent Educator or Teacher.
At Co-op parents will get to:
- Assist the teacher in the classroom one day per week
- Attend monthly evening meeting to discuss relevant parenting topics and school business
- Choose a preschool job that fits their interest, skill, and time
- Provide a healthy snack on a rotating basis
- Experience how their child learns, get to know their friends and develop friendships with families that last beyond preschool years
Each preschool is an independent non-profit 501(c)3 organization and is governed by a board of parent volunteers elected from the Co-op memberships. The Board hires teachers and makes budgeting decisions.
For more information visit www.WestSeattlePreschools.org